Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Outgoings, and a wonderful find...

This week has been dastardly slow, mail-wise. Hasn't been a whole lot of incoming at all, and hence not a lot of outgoing. I didn't do a lot of spontaneous mail-outgoings either, just because I haven't had any time to do so. However, I did receive a nice aerogramme for within the States:
From the lovely S.
Loving her stamp choice!! From Louisiana with a LA stamp!

and sent her an aerogramme right back:

(On a fun little sidenote, the "AA" metal sign is from a 1938 highschool auditorium. I removed it when the school was taken down and rebuilt.)

Loving the last of my Bonsai stamps!

Unfortunately, that's it for today's mail!
But on to other things...

Today I went to a recycling facility where people bring in things they don't want anymore, and other people can take them for free. It's a wonderful concept, and truly exercises the idea of "one's trash is another's treasure"!
I managed to find a book of aerogrammes, some gorgeous maps, and a name stamp that (I'm assuming) is pretty old. I can't wait to use them all:

Couldn't wait to use these! Have already sent out a few!

Some of the collective goods!

I'm considering contacting this company, if they're still in business, just to get my very own stamp!

Some cute card and envelope sets

I love the old packaging on these "PRES-a-ply" stickers. These shall come in very handy!

I already know who this card is going to...

And the gorgeous three maps, which I can't wait to either add to my collection, or make into envelopes!

When you bring in a haul like that, you can't complain!

Still looking for penpals!

Send mail, send love--
                 ~ Ms. Always Traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling