Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Destination: NOW.





"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao Tzu


It is hard to say how many times I have read Tzu's quote and felt completely inspired, but I'm willing to say at least a bajillion times. It is the quote that graces cheap travel journals, sits in plastic frames at $2-stores and adorns little trinkets at street markets. But it is also the message that inspires me in everything I do. Movement, time, space are all elements of travel, and nothing is even remotely comparable to travelling. The ability to move between places of polar scenery, food, people, values and beliefs is utterly astounding, and hence the reason why I love it so much.
And that's why I've decided to write this. Every single time that I have ever travelled, I have kept a journal. It is a religion now, and has been since the age of eight. But due to my travelling life, I haven't always been able to share all of my experiences with my friends across the globe. And so here we are. With around 150 days until we embark on our first trip to Europe, I feel it is only fitting to be able to share this experience with those I love across the world. Because, at this point in our technological timeline, I can't teleport you a hard-copy of my journal -- which stinks. So let's go.


I can't wait.

Until then,
                                   ~ Ms. Always Travelling

3 comments:

  1. I'm very excited to read your blog! Safe travels! -- Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Check back in a few weeks for updates! ~ Ms. A.T

      Delete
  2. Dear Ms. Always Travelling,

    I happen to know that you also wrote a 'pre-quill' to a journey you have yet to take when you were a mere witchity grub.

    It would be good to see some of the things you thought might happen on your grown up worldy tours and compare them to the actual experiences you have.

    A distant correspondent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling