Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Destination: The Birthday Party

Destination: The Birthday Party
[giving.gifts]

A birthday party, at any age, is a wonderful celebration of the years of life one has been alive. It is an accumulation of friends, family, joy and fun -- and it is the perfect time to tell someone you appreciate them!

Growing up in a society where, no matter the occasion, you always give a gift to your host, I have grown accustomed to making and giving presents and gifts to people; whether I know like my the back of my hand, have only had the opportunity to meet in passing, and don't know from a bar of soap. The truly wonderful thing is that giving a present, requested, expected or not, always makes a party just that little bit more deliriously scrumptious.

Tonight, I will be attending a birthday party for an acquaintance of mine. We are not "bosom-buddies" but we aren't "eye-contact kids" either. We know each other, just not well enough for me to buy--or make--her the kind of present that will cause her to recall joyful sepia memories of our childhoods. So, I thought it fitting to give her a universally acceptable female gift: a small purse.
The purse itself is a teeny, tiny, blue purse with an optional cross body strap, or clutch useability. It's pretty cute. (I neglected to get a photo before I packaged it up...oops.)

But as I was waking up this morning, I realised that it was in need of some cute wrapping. 

Originally I was going to use wrapping paper, but then I decided against that. Instead, I opted to gently wrap it in white tissue paper and place it inside one of the many boxes I have sitting in my room waiting to be recycled*. (*By this I mean boxes that I have received gifts in that I then recycle by putting my outgoing gifts inside.) 

The purse couldn't have fit more perfectly.
I then adorned it with a little sticky tag:


and then some cute little (recycled, of course) ribbon:


and it was done:


I sure do hope she likes it!!

Upon completing this project I have decided to do a little something called "Giving Gifts" -- from this point forward, I will post any arty lil' gifts I create!

Off to celebrate! Have you given any wonderful gifts recently?

Giving gifts -- giving joy,
                                     ~ Ms. Always Traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling