Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lady Bird Challenge | One and Two

As I mentioned earlier this month, I bought a pane of Lady Bird Johnson stamps and intended to use them each on a different letter. I also noted that I would document my journey with the six wonderful stamps.
True to my word, here are the first two.

Both pieces are outgoing pieces to Australia (and so both will, obviously, require more postage than what is documented so far on these envelopes) and both are going to people that I think will appreciate the pretty stamps.

The first is a more purple-toned piece, which goes perfectly with the purple and pink-tinted envelope.
Headed to penpal S. in Australia, here is number one:




The second is a more green-yellow piece whose colours match perfectly with the colours of the envelope and written address. The back of the letter includes some stamping from some gorgeous new (to my collection) antique stamps. Headed to friend E. in Australia, here is number two:



What do you think? Have I done the first two Lady Bird stamps justice?
I hope you'll stay with this series as a conquer the next four!

Send with a purpose--
~ Ms. Always Traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling