Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Incoming and outgoing long weekend...

Summer is just around the corner. I am so excited.
This weekend was a long weekend in the United States, Memorial Day Weekend -- Lest we forget.
The weather this weekend was INCREDIBLE with crazily warm weather on Saturday, Sunday and today. I am getting super eager for this summer. Finally some time off, and no time restraints on anything!
My lovely Yowie pink cockatoo, sitting in our Bottlebrush Bonsai (yup, they exist).

The path to summer...it's just around the corner...

I really love this photo. Captures the freshness of the spring-to-summer transition perfectly.

Also this weekend, I decided to send out some mail--for no reason other than to tell my dear global amigos that I am getting super ready for summer.

A letter to the dear A

Close up. It's a map of Massachusetts.

And to the lovely T. Got Toronto "on the map"

Closeup. The blue paper is from a theatre-performance program.

A little summer fun on its way to friends in Detroit.

Got to love summer banners.

And in return...
The final Celebration Stamp that I have. It's a sad goodbye.

Stamp LOVE.

Mail and summer go hand in hand.
Send more mail--
                  ~ Ms. Always Traveling

2 comments:

  1. Hello there beautiful stranger. After stumbling across your blog I couldn't help but read every post. A gal with an attitude everyone should have and live by...so rare! Is your offer for pen pals still open or have you made too many? I'd hate for your travels to get bogged down with trying to keep up with people and not being able to enjoy. If you have room for one more I'll have a little hello on its way to you :]

    Keep influencing the world one smile at a time, I think sooner or later people will eventually catch on!

    :) Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Ashley!
    What a lovely comment! I would love to be penpals! The link for my address is under the post: http://cosmopostalan.blogspot.com/2012/03/call-for-correspondents.html
    I would love to receive "a little hello" from you!
    Looking forward to our correspondence,
    Ms. Always Traveling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling