Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Monday, April 23, 2012

New York City

There is nothing quite like it...


This weekend saw me in New York City -- one of the most incredibly buzzing cities I have ever had the opportunity to meet. Not my first time, I felt like a seasoned traveller as I navigated my way among the city streets, savouring time in the Meat Packing District, Chelsea and SoHo. Our main reasoning for the event was to see a concert at the Highline Ballroom -- only the wonderful and amazing SAM SPARRO, whose concert was incredible and was just as lovely in person as on his albums!! -- but we spent many hours checking out other little doodads in the gaps in our agenda.

One of those such gaps gave us the chance to see the Flea Markets in downtown Chelsea. My eyes were peeled for Postal Paraphenalia, and I found a few bits and pieces. My favourite being a wonderful, old postage stamp keeper (which is no longer usable what with our sticky stamps these days!) but absolutely gorgeous nonetheless!




We also saw some other goodies, which caught my eye:

Lovin' the MO!

Couldn't verify it's legitimacy...

Oh the musicians that have adorned this baby!

Lovin' the vintage packaging!

Some hometown stamps! NSW!! Pity the guy wanted $4 for it...

One day...

As always, not even the weather (which got rather dreary towards the end of the excursion) could bring down the rockin' mood in NYC:


At our early morning cafe...

Gotta love the hustle and bustle!

An old pay phone in the hotel...it's cuteness caught my eye...

Cute, right?

At the Highline -- whoever created that monument of modern environmental infrastructure deserves some kudos. It just gets more and more awesome every time I see it!

In a community garden in SoHo -- the lovely gardeners were kind enough to let us in! (Do you see the face in the mottled bark?)

And some more artsy pics...
View from the Highline -- American Flag!


Tea and scones at "Tea and Sympathy" in Chelsea!

And the wonderful Sam Sparro -- couldn't get many great performance shots, but I remember every moment!


Please know that all pictures are my own and I appreciate accrediation and notification should you want to use them for any reason -- otherwise, just enjoy 'em on this here blog and leave 'em here!

NYC -- when will I see you again?

Always traveling--
                              Ms. Always Traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling