Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Some Incoming and Outgoing Joy

These past weeks...

Over these past two and a half weeks, T. and I were so busy traveling that I didn't have a whole lot of time to read or reply to mail. But, I spent this arvo* documenting and replying to all of my mail.
I received quite a wonderful lot these last two and a half weeks--


--from friends and penpals of all differing ages, countries and walks of life. I love that mail can keep me in touch with my dear friends, and those I've not yet had the chance to meet.

I also love that I can send them back a little envelope of joy--

The many letters and postcards that shall be leaving my mailbox tomorrow, and shall hopefully be greeted with smiles and eager penmanship!

A postcard to the lovely E., in the United States, who graced my mailbox with a postcard from St. Louis. Gotta love reciporacating!


To the lovely B., in the United States. I can't even begin to explain how excited I was to come up with this idea, because I LOVE the new Miles Davis stamps. Considering my recipient is a musician himself, I hope he will appreciate this! (Also, if anyone knows what that see-through envelope material is, or where I can get it, I would be much appreciative!)

To the lovely A., in Australia. I love being able to see the writing!

To my penpal S., in the United States. I love the fish image, so I had to include it on this envelope! Hopefully the fish//"Aloha!" stamp combination will be appreciated!

Using some lollipop-coloured stationary to send to my dear friends B., B., B., and B., in the United States. Love that Edith Piaf stamp!

I'm so excited to be up-to-date with my mail once again!

I'm also really excited to share the news that I have finally found the stamps I have been eagerly looking for! After drooling over the USA Philatelic magazine last month, I found in its pages some stamps that I loved. The "Pioneers of American Industrial Design (Forever)" pulled at my heartstrings from the first time I saw them. Unfortunately, by the time I got my act together, the local small-town post office didn't have any in stock. They had sold their only five copies of the panes.
So, in NYC, it was by pure luck that T. and I stumbled upon a huge post office in Chelsea that was near deserted. Although our postal employee wasn't too bubbly (and I'll forgive her--it was a hot day, and there were some rather vivacious people in front of us), when I saw in the display case that they still had the beautiful stamps in stock I about threw up. I asked her if she still had some in her cubical, and with a disgruntled and--quite frankly--bored look, she pulled out my new loves.
I would like to take this moment to share the little beauties with you--



(Not the best pictures, but bear with me!)

I have no clue how I am going to be able to let myself part with them. Here we go--I will document it especially each time I do, in a new segment called "How'd You Use That Stamp?!".

Until then, I look forward to lots of incoming mail!
And hope my recipients, as always, love to receive my letters as much as I love sending them!
Send more mail--and write more love;
         ~ Ms. Always Traveling

___________________________________________________________________________________
*arvo = afternoon (Aussie slang)

6 comments:

  1. I want to marry the typewriter stamp! haha
    Lovely letters! I will be posting one for you most likely on monday.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Isn't it gorgeous?!
      I don't know how I'm gonna be able to bear to use it, or any of its companions, though!
      Can't wait to hear from you!
      ~ Ms. Always Traveling

      Delete
  2. I love seeing my incoming on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm so glad!
      I bet you'll like it even more when it's in your mailbox!
      Have a good one--
      ~ Ms. Always Traveling

      Delete
  3. Those Pioneers stamps are one of my favorites! Our local post office didn't have them either, so I ended up ordering them online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day Anne!
      It's a pleasure to see you on *cosmoPOSTALan*! Thanks for the comment!
      Yup, I do love 'em! How many panes did you stock up on?? I'll be sure to check out your blog! Keep reading--I'm headed to Europe tomorrow!
      Cheers--
      ~ Ms. Always Traveling

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling