Alright, alright!!

cos-mo-post-al-an [koz-muh-postal-en]: adjective/noun
1. a person
who belongs to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world; can make their home anywhere in the world.
2. a person who believes fully that postage stamps and mail connect the world, regardless of where, from or to, they go.
3. the joyful experience of knowing you're a local because your mail made it to its destination
.


The postage stamp is truly wonderful. It can travel the world, experience the lives of a million different people, go through the doors of strangers; and never once lose sight of where it's headed.
Welcome to the land of cosmopostalan : travel, mail and words. It's a crazy little place in my corner of the woods; wherever that may be!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

2013 Stamp Program

Emancipation Proclamation
From www.beyondtheperf.com

The 2013 Stamp Program is making me so excited. I can't wait to storm to the post office, see my good bud Billy the Postman, and order a pane of each stamp design--particularly the Emancipation Proclamation stamps, the Sealed With Love stamps -- right in time for Valentine's Day!!, and the Global Forever stamps--they're circular! I have been following www.beyondtheperf.com for updates on the new stamps everyday! I wonder what stamps will be revealed on my birthday (Dec 12th)! It's all so mysterious!

Don't you find it so exciting??

Something that I am finding interesting, however, is the increase in postage prices. Effective January 27th, the postage rates will change. An international one-ounce letter will be $1.10 USD, and a Forever stamps will be 46c.

Here's hoping that everyone sends double as much mail this year as they did last year to keep those rates from increasing again!!

I shall be posting soon my incoming and outgoing--with my birthday coming up, there shall be quite a few indeed!!

Cheers--
Ms. Always Traveling

2 comments:

  1. Well, you are my first source of information for the tragic news of postage going up.. It seems like just yesterday it went up to 45c.. That's very upsetting to me.. And yes, I received your letter and will upload a photo soon.
    Oh, and Andrew is a guy I dated for 2 years (2009-2011), now we are back together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that I could be your first source of information! It's a bit of an upsetting change, but all the more reason to invest in the USPS, I say! :)
      I hope to receive a reply soon :)
      Really?!?! :) Awww! Tell all in next letter :D
      Cheers--

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely postal ponderings!
May today be a beautiful, full-of-mail kind-of day!
~ Ms. Always Traveling